Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Let's Stick to Fuzzy Kittens, Glitter, Unicorns, and Cupcakes With Sprinkles! Or I'll Punch You In The Face.

Lately I've seen several of my friends on Facebook complaining about the general negativity they've been seeing online lately. And trust me, I've seen it too. And it makes me sad. It turns me into this:

The Magical Kittencorn
(buy the t-shirt here! I know I want one! I may even need one: http://www.teeturtle.com/products/the-magical-kittencorn?variant=24994148681)

Full disclosure: I am a very sensitive person. So sensitive, I think I've entered empath territory. I also have anxiety. Things that have little to no direct affect on me can upset me HORRIBLY if I let them. I have to be very careful about the things I read and watch, particularly on social media. I believe it is possible to be aware of things that are going on, but to also protect oneself and avoid things that hurt, too. Not only possible, but smart, and for some personalities, extremely necessary.

With that in mind, I'd like to lay out my policy with content and comments on my blog. I want this to be a place to come and find fun, positive content. I will avoid controversial topics as much as I can. With that said, in this day and age, people are offended by anything and everything- I've seen horrible, nasty arguments erupt in the comments for a FREAKING COOKIE RECIPE before. So please keep in mind that it is NEVER my intent to offend or belittle anyone. I ascribe to the following:

He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool. - Brigham Young

So let's do our best to give Mr. T a break, shall we? :)  (wah wah wahhhhhhhhhh....)

I reserve the right to state my opinions and beliefs, but I will do my best to be polite. (You will probably find more potentially "flammable" material in my book reviews, since books make one think and decide...). In any case, you can respectfully disagree (in your own mind, preferably) and then move on. Like an adult. That's what I do, and it's totally worth it.

PLEASE BE KIND AND COURTEOUS WHENEVER YOU COMMENT! If it doesn't need to be said, than don't say it. At least not here. Don't be a jerk, 'kay? I don't like contention, so I really don't want to see arguments and trolling here. I reserve the right to delete any contentious comments. Because darn it, this is MY blog and I want it to stay warm, fuzzy and welcoming!! Let's fill this piece of the blogosphere (and heck, the world in general!) with warm fuzzies! There's already more than enough crap out there, folks. Be nice. Or else I'll punch you in the face. :P XOXOXO

Stabby the Unicorn
(on certain days I need this shirt, too. Found at: http://www.teeturtle.com/products/stabby-the-unicorn?variant=24994273353)


--Taylee

No comments:

Post a Comment